Thursday, June 12, 2008

Slog Blog #4

This post isn't going to be very long. It's about 10 at night and we've had a long day of packing up stuff and moving things around. The trailer arrives tomorrow and we start loading it up full of stuff. Hopefully we get all of our stuff out of the house by Sunday evening. Notice I keep saying, "stuff". That is how I feel about our stuff right now. And I can't even imagine how other people would feel if they had to do a DITY with the full weight that they are allowed to move according to their rank and be reimbursed for. Yowch. We don't have that much stuff. But it's enough to become really tedious and boring after a few days of putting stuff into boxes. Now it's time for me to stuff it and take myself off to bed where I can stuff myself under the covers and go to sleep. And I can dream about all the stuff that still needs to be put in boxes and all the stuff that still needs to be taped up and all the stuff that needs to be loaded onto the trailer tomorrow morning. And not to forget, once we arrive at the other end of our journey and close on our new house, we will have to unload all of our stuff off the trailer once it arrives and stuff it into the new house. Stuff me and call me done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel.... We are also moving only this time Eric decided WE could do it ourselves. He spends four to five days a week in Chelan, 3.5 hours from here and this week he is helping Mikael and Bill move their stuff by a rented truck. Good thing Granpa Ray decided I would need help! Have a good move! Love, Aunt Daryl

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are moving again! I'm back from my short deployment. Flying the Prowler is painful as ever. Lucas is awesome, Alli is growing and doing great and Tara and I couldn't be happier. We miss you all! Stay in touch.
-Matt