Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Colum's Artwork



Colum is taking a bible art class at the homeschool co-op, HomeschoolPlus, in Norfolk. He really enjoys it. I've included two pictures that the students in the class have completed thus far. I really like the Ten Commandments picture. Colum told me that he doesn't really like the other one because he realized after he was done that he misunderstood the teacher's direction. The teacher had said 'Don't leave empty spaces' and he mistook that to mean that he needed to fill up the paper with lots of things. It wasn't until he sat back and thought about it that he realized she meant to make sure that you draw your subjects to size, big enough that you don't waste any space on your paper. Colum's a smart guy. For the next school year, Colum asked me if he could keep taking bible art, and add a drawing class to his schedule. I'm all for it.

No comments: