Saturday, January 12, 2008

Slog Blog #3

The holidays are finally over and I actually have some time this weekend to upload all of our holiday pictures. We had fun celebrating Christmas, and I have learned that less is definitely more when it comes to celebrating the birth of Christ. Hopefully, in the future, I will have more peace instead of chaos during the holiday season!
We stayed home to have a family Christmas and then traveled to Bald Head Island, N.C. over New Year's Eve weekend for Heather's cousin's wedding. It was lovely to get together with family and to do a little bit of catching up. The wedding was beautiful and the reception very enjoyable. I wish my cousin and her husband many years of wedded bliss!! I told Ray I would love to live near a beach because I find the ocean beautiful to look at and he said we can get a mural and put it up on a wall and make a 'beach' room. Hmmm, certainly a cheaper viable option to living right on the beach!
But I should get part of my wish soon as we will be sent to live near a beach, courtesy of the Navy. The kids are looking forward to living near the beach and getting to play on it a lot. That may be the 'park' we go to, when we need to get out of the house and give the kids some room to run.
Anyway, enjoy looking at all the new pictures I have posted and Please DO leave comments! We LOVE to hear from YOU!

In honor of football fans everywhere during this bowl season:

Whats the difference between Alabama and cheerios?

One belongs in a bowl. The other doesn't!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so ironic that you're in AL, where my aunt lives, and this is the first year in years that we haven't gone to visit her for Thanksgiving. Oh well, looks like you had your hands full.
It's good to hear your comings and goings. You all seem to be doing well. It's just me and hubby and the wee lad, who will be 4 in April, over here in MD. Let me know if you're up this way.
Kim

Unknown said...

What a beautiful family!! Always enjoy reading your blog and looking through the pictures. Kids are just growing too quickly -- am looking forward to getting together with you all when you move up to VA Beach! Love to all!

Sarah

anne said...

So.. how about some updated pictures and news? I'm sure you have nothing better to do anyway ;)