Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Slog Blog #5

Wow, exactly 3 months (more or less) since I updated the blog. It truly is a slogging blog. It has been exactly one week of experiencing the joys of being a single mom. Joy, joy, joy! I feel like I am on the go from sun-up until long past sun-down. Let me tell you, being busy does NOT make the time go by faster. I feel like this blog has been named perfectly....
We are getting to know Virginia Beach. It may be a beachy town but it is more well known as a city of crappy roads and bad traffic lights. Most things are 5-10 miles from the house but it takes at least 20 minutes to an hour to get ANYWHERE. It sucks. I have resigned myself to the fact that I'm just gonna have to add an hour to my schedule for every trip I have to make out of the house. So, we try to consolidate around here. Never mind the fact that gas is expensive, etc.
We are staying busy through the various activities that the kids do on a daily basis, plus we go on a lot of cool and fun field trips with a homeschooling co-op. We get to learn about some interesting places in Virginia Beach that we may not have otherwise checked out.
I finally met the wives that I'll be hanging with now and then while the hubbies are away. They seem like a nice group of ladies. Not very many kids in the group. I actually have the most, with five. But I suppose I can usually say that, wherever I am!
Dinner is percolating, a hand is tapping away on my arm, and I am trying to supervise game time on the computer so I must sign off for now. I'll have to think of a Virginia Beach joke or two to include with the next blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I think the joke was in the blog! We miss you guys! Wish we were closer to keep you company! I'm not looking forward to next November when Matt goes away! I'm here for ya sister!

xoxo,
tara

anne said...

If you guys have the energy to make a field trip to historical Boston, just let us know :) You can even stay in our house, if you want--it would be quite an adventure to fit another 6 people in here! :D
Miss you guys...